Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No more PC Plod

I am delighted to say that I am back at my repaired and speeded up PC! Considering how important my computer is to me, I know shamefully little about how it works. I just expect it to perform at the flick of the switch and when it doesn't I go into an emotional downward spiral.

Fortunately, I have been able to access my email and even to visit a few blogs, on a borrowed laptop but I find it much more difficult to use a laptop than a PC because of my unco-operative left hand. The Man (a very nice chap called Steve) has just been to diagnose the problem - a failed memory module - and to replace the failed part with a new one which is even better than the original. He has left me with a computer which now works faster than ever. It boots up and is ready for action in seconds! If I could only find someone to do the same for my own failing memory, life would be perfect.

I'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of the Persephone book, so if you have been meaning to enter the draw but have had memory problems too, you can still leave your name here.

2 comments:

  1. That may be the funniest blog entry title yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nan.
    I can't tell you how lovely it is not to have to sit twiddling my thumbs waiting for programmes to open. For the last few months everything has been getting slower and slower until it stopped altogether.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and promise that I will reply as soon as I can leave my garden, sewing room or kitchen!