My next project was to be a sweater and scarf for Millie, decorated with crocheted flowers. I worked out how to make the flower centres but then I came up against: work 1dc, 1htr, 1tr, 3dtr, 1tr, 1htr and 1dc into each chain space. I settled on a corsage, like the one I had made for Charlotte, instead.
It isn't really in my nature to accept defeat, so I spent hours trying to follow the crochet pattern for the flowers. I had been trying to learn from an American on-line instruction video until I discovered that English crochet terminology is different. So I went back to my muddle-along method and produced these:
I am sure that my htr and dtr stitches leave much to be desired but Millie won't mind. (If anyone can recommend an English instruction video or manual, I would like to try to do things properly.)
Now for my next project. Here is stage 1:
and this is stage 2:
Watch this space for stage 3.