I tend to be a glass-half-full person (although there have been some very trying times recently), so I thought I would change my name to Pollyanna for the day and think of some things to be glad about.
- Top of my list has to be my family and friends. If I were to list them all I would be here for a very long time.
- I am very glad that I spent yesterday with my friend from 60goingon16. I'm glad that we enjoyed our fabulous Somerset Rarebit even though we had to wait for an hour to be served. I am glad that we share a sense of the absurd and managed to laugh off our frustration at the poor service.
- I am really glad that I have retired and no longer have to try to implement daft ideas from the Department for Education or should that be Department for Education and Science or didn't it changed to Department for Children, Schools and Families or was that last week?
- I am glad that I don't have to live in a city.
- I am glad that my appearance and talents are unremarkable and I therefore don't have to worry about impressing anyone.