Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Can you remember your New year Resolutions? I always think that Lent comes as a timely reminder that nothing much has really changed and I really must do something about it. Whether you think of Lent as a time for giving up things or of doing something positive, I hope that this blessing from Iona will inspire you to find a little silence in your days.

May you stop and see
the way light falls and rocks glow, and may God bless you with
little, big moments that make your heart dance.
Moments when you suddenly become aware of all the
overwhelming beauty and wonder and richness and love
living in the middle of where you are standing already.
Moments when you gaze around understanding:
the kingdom of God is now.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post to open this morning. These words are to be pasted into my journal and returned to often in the coming weeks. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you like it, Frances. Blessings from Iona always lift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blessing Monix. I think your thoughts on New Year's resolutions and Lent are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and promise that I will reply as soon as I can leave my garden, sewing room or kitchen!