Friday, September 19, 2008

Under the window

Earlier in the month, I spotted a 'windows' theme developing on several of my favourite blogs. It has been fascinating to see more pictures appearing and more people joining in. Margaretha now has a special 'Today's window' feature and I hurry over every day to see what she has found to delight us.

I was sorting through some of my old books today when I came across this copy of Kate Greenaway's Under the Window.

I loved her illustrations when I was a child but (dare I confess?) I was never very impressed by her verse.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't discover Kate Greenaway until my early twenties - and just like you I love her illustrations but don't care much for the verses.
    For those who are not happy enough to own the real thing, you can download "Under the Window" from Gutenberg - as well as some of her other books.
    Margaretha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Margaretha. I have become a regular visitor to Gutenberg since reading about it on your blog. It is a wonderful place for browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh help - Kate Greenaway, Gutenberg? More distractions!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and promise that I will reply as soon as I can leave my garden, sewing room or kitchen!