The Ministry of Defence has published details of 97 reported UFOs in 2006. Apparantly "discs, orbs, cigars and pencils have all been spotted buzzing around the sky in odd movements."
I am relieved to read that 98% of the reported cases could be explained as cloud formations, weather conditions, helicopters or other human aircraft. The other 2% leaves the Ministry 'fascinated.' I wonder how much time was spent investigating the case in East Sussex where "Two witnesses thought that they saw an alien outside their kitchen window." The report doesn't say if the alien offered to help with the washing up.