The latest edition of the Bulawayo Morning Mirror has a quiz which will reveal your age. Here it is, so go on and try it. I scored 15 and had better not tell my age but I'm not older than dirt!
Older than dirt quiz
How many do you remember?
Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about . Ratings at the bottom.
1. A Sammy van
2. Drive ins
3. Sweetie cigarettes
4. Cool drink machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Cafe's or milk bars with table-side juke boxes
6 . Home milk delivery in glass bottles with foil lids.
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie,the National Anthem after.
10. Blue flashbulbs
11. Telephone numbers with 2 letters and 4 numbers
13. Wash tub wringer
14. 78 RPM records
15. Metal ice trays with lever
17. Fish on Fridays
18. Using hand signals for cars without turn signals
19. Bread delivered
20. Head lights dimmer switches on the floor
21. Ignition switches on the dashboard
22. Heaters mounted on the inside of the wall
23. Real ice boxes
24. Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards
25. Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner
26. The board and bucket lorry.
If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 16-26 = You're older than dirt!